Re: Should xlink:arcrole or xlink:role be the primary way todispatchon related resources? was Re: URIs, names and well known RDDL names,

"Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net> writes:

<snip/>

>     Is there a URI you suggest we use as the xl:arcrole for an XSD or are
> you saying that we should create one? (Remember that under most
> circumstances the xl:arcrole alone can be used to disambiguate resources)
> Perhaps we might use the URI of the specification itself?

I was with you right to this point.  I have exactly the opposite
inclination, namely that the xl:role is all I normally will need to
look at.  If I'm a schema validator, I'm going to special-case
situations in which there is only one resource with xl:link=the NS uri
for the schema language I validate with.  Release 1 will probably punt
all other situations.  I _really_, _really_ want to get to the point
where I can have the bare minimum to declare victory, namely:

 . . .
 <rddl:resource xl:type='simple'
                xl:role='http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema'
                xs:href='http://www.example.com/Schemas/myns.xsd'/>
 <rddl:resource xl:type='simple'
                xl:role='http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform'
                xs:href='http://www.example.com/Stylesheets/myns.xsl'/>
 <rddl:resource xl:type='simple'
                xl:role='http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/namespace'
                xs:href='http://www.example.com/DTDs/myns.dtd'/>
 . . .

With respect, I don't ever program in Java, and I couldn't care less
about the details of the Java API:  please let's focus the design on
the document.

ht