Use cases [was: How could RDDL be distributed ?]

I should have prepared my first post more carefully and started by the
use cases...

I can see 4 of them.

1) Network optimization and reliability.

Need to avoid that the servers for the most commonly used namespaces
become hot spots and we need to make sure we can still process documents
if/when one of them stops working.

Possible solutions:
  - URI resolution servers
  - xmlcat
  - Mirror and replication information within RDDL.

2) Occasionaly connected users.

Need to be able to process documents when we are off line.

Possible solutions:
  - URI resolution servers with controlable cache
  - local xmlcat
  - Run time (API) definition of alternate locations
    (could rely on xmlcat...)

3) Untrusted documents.

Need to be able to supply alternate locations without modifying a
document in order to process it with our own set of resources.

Possible solutions:
  - setup of specific URI resolution servers
  - local xmlcat
  - Run time (API) definition of alternate locations
    (could rely on xmlcat...)

4) Additional customization of vocabularies.

Need to supply alternate locations for documents we are authoring to use
a specific set of resources.

Possible solutions:
  - setup of specific URI resolution servers
  - local xmlcat
  - Definition of alternate locations within instance documents.

Does it look like a sensible summary ?
Do you see other cases and/or solutions ?

Eric