XPointer syntax

Hi,

Ignoring the XPointer legal problems (and assuming that this
is the correct forum for this question), how do I
point to the string "Valley Center" in the following xml?

<doc>
<doc>

How do I do it without the string-range function, I mean? Is it:

xpointer(/doc/text/bold/point()[7]/range-to(/doc/text/point()[12])) ?

Thanks,
Jeff