RE: New W3C XML Schema facet ? [was: RDDL Schematron Schema]

BTW:  I would fully support such a feature
because it is necessary for any reasonably
sized industrial relational db.  Constraint
checking is absolutely part of the problem
of pushing report extracts to larger agencies
which gather information such as NIBRS.
Consider the problems of large and small
agencies who forward reports from the
local agency to the state and then
on to the Federal government.  A ridiculous
and avoidable amount of effort is expended
in constraint checks to validate the data
and to vett the system creating it.  The
ability to describe the constraints in
the schema would greatly enhance both
processes as well as take out costs.

So, to answer my own question, constraint
checking in the application is fine but
it doesn't really solve the overall problems
of moving valid data from system to system.

Len Bullard
Intergraph Public Safety
clbullar@ingr.com
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard