What is the advantage of RELAX in comparison to Schemas?

Hello,

I am new to this list and have read about you mentioning RELAX and TRX.
Why do I need these standards? On the RELAX-webpage is written:

Compared with DTD(Document Type Definition), RELAX has new features:

                            RELAX grammars are represented in the XML instance syntax
                            RELAX borrows rich datatypes of XML Schema Part 2
                            RELAX is namespace-aware

Is it not all included in Schemas as well?

Mit freundlichen Grussen von
Inga Eckermann
ProFI Consult Gesellschaft fur Unternehmensberatung mbH
-Anwendungsmanagement-
Rendsburger Str. 34 * 30659 Hannover
Tel.: 0511-9020-308
mailto:inga.eckermann@profi-consult.de