Re: ANNOUNCE - PerXML Released

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Mike Geiger wrote:

> The PerXML Smart Transformation System is the premiere XML data
> transformation and development  platform.

That is highly debatable. Congratulations to your marketing department for
that one.

> PerXML includes a runtime
> engine that dramatically reduces the time and cost of building  and
> maintaining XML applications.

Compared to what?

> PerXML provides greater flexibility and performance than products
> costing 10 times as much.

What about compared to the seemingly superior Free products? (Cocoon,
AxKit, Zope, Enhydra, etc come to mind)

> It is  our goal to be both the price and
> performance leader in bringing the power of XML data  transformation and
> integration to your project.

You're going to have to reduce that license cost to zero then.

> Sincerely,
>
> The PerCurrence Team
> PerXML Rocks!

I don't wish to poop on anybody's parade, but this is unsolicited
commercial email, AKA spam, which many people don't appreciate on a
mailing list such as this. Consider this roast spam now :-) Thanks.

--
<Matt/>

    /||    ** Director and CTO **
 // \\| // **     Personal Web Site: http://sergeant.org/     **