Re: Disabling DTD Validation Cont.

On Tuesday, January 30, 2001 8:28 PM
Scerri, Antony wrote:

> When using MSXML I have tried using the validateOnParse method and
setting
> this to false and it still appear to try and locate the DTD
resource.

This is correct behaviour. The parser goes to the dtd to see if it
contains any entities that it has to resolve. It does this even if
validation is turned off. The only way to stop this is to remove the
dtd definition (assuming that doesn't leave you with unresolved
entities...)
Michael Beddow
http://www.mbeddow.net/