RE: ANNOUNCE

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Ramin Firoozye wrote:

> I'm glad this came up. I am a long-time lurker on this list and personally
> appreciate hearing about both commercial and open-source offerings. We are
> about to announce our own XML-based commercial product any day now and I was
> planning on posting a courtesy message on this list.
>
> My understanding was that as long as the message was clearly marked (say
> with 'ANN' or 'ANNOUNCE' in the subject line) it was OK. However, if this is
> something people are violently opposed to, we'll be good netizens and won't
> post anything.
>
> I'm hoping there is a clear consensus (or even better, a directive from the
> list managers) on this.
>
> Any thoughts?

The reason I flamed PerXML was because the email was pure marketroid
drivel. Compare it with XML Spy's emails, where we get a clear lay down of
exactly what is in the release, with no BS about being "the premier"
anything. It wouldn't have touched such a nerve if it had been a technical
announcement to a technical list such as this.

Just the facts, ma'am.

--
<Matt/>

    /||    ** Director and CTO **