RE: Registrars of terminology

Certainly, and today there is only time for a
superficial look.  But that goes to the issue that Passin raised in
the Linda example.  How do you know how deep to go
based on a pattern match rule?  Would this be one
example of how one might want a Topic map such that
the single term identifies ALL of the named items
in the relationship?  Terse is a problem; but not
having wide enough scope is another problem.  Two
systems trying to negotiate based on the descriptions
need rules for ensuring they are negotiating the
same things.  Tough problem unless one uses authoritative
assertion to declare the source as correct, i.e., the
named record of authority that governs the negotiation
process.

Identifying the right expert is the hardest problem
after identifying the right negotiator.  So much
of our time is spent filtering the encoding bias.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h