Re: XML versus Relational Database

> Last summer I asked a question about how best to store XML in an RDBMS.
> One response likened the decomposition approach to taking your car apart
every
> night when you park it, and rebuilding it in the morning.

That was a comment by Esther Dyson about relational databases vs. object
databases.
Of course, there's an obvious corrollary that illustrates why relational
technology became important.

If you have to find the serial numbers on certain parts, or count screws,
it's not an easy process if you wait until after you've assembled a car.