RE: RDDL

Rick Jelliffe wrote:

> Is there any chance of making:
>  1) a RDDL mailing list

Since RDDL is an XML-DEV project, I wouldn't want to remove it to another
venue.  Perhaps we can preface RDDL posts with [RDDL] to allow people to
delete at will.

>  2) a RDDL central directory and
>  3) a RDDL web chain (we will need a little icon)?

Perhaps a RDDL tree :-) we can certainly create a root document in the
http://www.rddl.org/ namespace and as documents are linked into this, the
directory can become decentralized.

> I think RDDL is great for providing infrastructure for little languages.
> The troubles with developing a little language include
>  -- people cannot find them
>  -- if they are documented using different conventions it is difficult for
> people to figure out what to do with them
>   -- if they are small it may seem that it is not worth the
> developer's time
> to figure out schemas, standard terminology and so on.
>
> RDDL seems to help with all these, because it makes it easier to steal
> an existing RDDL description and use it as a template.
>
> Cheers
> Rick Jelliffe
>
> Also, if you are keeping track, I now have three little languages (two of
> them real!)
> under RDDL
>  http://www.ascc.net/xml/schematron
>  http://www.ascc.net/xml/hook
>  http://www.ascc.net/xml/connect

Nice! I guess this means that since you've provided another XHTML Basic
schema, we'll need to create yet another RDDL schema :-)

-Jonathan