Re: Abbreviated Tag Names

> It would be useful to mimic, in XML, the way that telecom data is
> traditionally transmitted.  Typically, in a transmission packet, there is
> header that describes the data that follows.  I think that an XML Schema
> could replace this header nicely.  After transmission, it should be
> straightforward to unpack the data into a complete xml document using the
> schema in the header.
>
> Is anyone working on applications of this nature?

Financial institutions are archiving years of trading data (time series)
using a similar approach (schema in the header preceding the data).

Also, CERN and Lawrence Livermore are using XML to record the
configuration of and results from high-energy physics experiments. I believe
the plan was to include schemas when the spec became available.