Re: Passing thru html to the browser

Thanks Michael,
What I posted was a part of the xml. Here is a sample xml and xsl. I
solved the problem myself. Let me give some additional info.
I am new to xml and I am using xmlspy IDE from xmlspy.com to create my
xml/xsl files. I wish to render this xml file in IE5 with the xsl I
created. The sample below works perfectly within xmlspy but not in IE. For
this to work in IE I need to replace the "xsl:stylesheet" line with the
one that Microsoft specifies in its xml rendering guidelines for IE. As I
am new to this I don't know what these lines really mean.

The commented "xsl:stylesheet" line (line 3) in the xsl is what makes it
work on IE. I will post this on the xsl list after this.

--------------------------test.xml------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="test.xsl"?>
<portal>
 <top>&lt;a HREF="http://www.yahoo.com"&gt;some stuff here&lt;/a&gt;</top>

</portal>
--------------------------test.xsl--------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">
<!--xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl"
xmlns:HTML="http://www.w3.org/Profiles/XHTML-transitional"-->
<xsl:template match="/">
    <xsl:apply-templates select="portal"/>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="portal">
 <h1>
 <xsl:apply-templates select="top"/>
 </h1>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="top">
 <xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="yes" select='.'/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>