Re: more grist

At 08:13 AM 3/1/2001 -0500, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>I wrote a piece based on the arguments of a couple of weeks ago, but it
>still seems to fit the debates as they currently rage here:
>
>"XML ain't what it used to be"
>http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/02/28/eightytwenty.html
>
>Comments welcome, public or private.

         I have to confess that I tend to agree with much of what Simon
says in his article. Tying future XML specs to XML Schema, given the
controversy around it in the developer community, seems like a recipe for
disaster.

         However, tying it to something like the Infoset, and through that,
the sort of things you might see in XML Schema, or TREX, or RELAX, might
make sense. That way, the implementation is tied to no specific syntax,
while maintaining the features that schemas offer.

--->Ben