FWD: [xsl] ANNOUNCE: Petition to withdraw xsl:script from XSLT 1.1

I hope no one takes offence at this, but some of the XSLT future
discussion has spilled over here at times, so, as Clark Evans posted to
the xsl-list:

To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
Subject: [xsl] ANNOUNCE: Petition to withdraw xsl:script from XSLT 1.1
Sender: owner-xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com

Collegues,

Earlier last month, Uche Ogbuji posted a very thoughtful
commentary [1] on XSLT 1.1.  His remarks resonated deeply with
many of us and sparked a long and serious discussion about
xsl:script, as summarized [2] by Leigh Dodds.  It was suggested
during this discussion that Uche's analysis and conclusions
regarding the inclusion of xsl:script were either too late [3]
or not backed by a sufficient user community.  In any case,
both Scott Boag [4] and Steve Muench [5] encouraged formal
feedback to the W3C working group.

It is because of this encouragement that several of us got
together, collected our thoughts on the topic, and have
assembled the following petition.

  http://uche.ogbuji.net:8000/etc/no-xsl-script.xhtml

If you agree to the petition above, would you be so kind as to
add your signature at bottom of the page.  We expect to wrap up
the signature period on the 15th of March and will send a formal
copy to the XSLT WG at that time.  We sincerely hope that this
user-driven feedback to the W3C will help advance the XSLT
specification.

Respectfully yours,

  Clark C. Evans, Individual
  Peter Flynn, Individual
  Alexey Gokhberg, Unicorn Enterprises SA, XSLT implementer
  Francis Norton, Individual
  Uche Ogbuji, Fourthought, Inc, XSLT implementer
  Dave Pawson, Individual
  Tobias Reif, Individual
  Adam Van Den Hoven, Individual

[1] http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200102/msg00501.html