RE: [xsl] ANNOUNCE: Petition to withdraw xsl:script from XSLT 1.1

Umm... VRML apps do precisely that.  See ParallelGraphics
Cortona.   Works wonderfully. People actually do download
the component, it gets cached, and on we go.  Items like
NURBs got implemented and after some shaking, they are
going into the next version of the standard (VRML really
is a Standard.  ISO sez so and the ISOPhilistines agree.
Dang.  The process worked.  Weeeee!  Next....)

The problem was enabling the vendors to develop
provable solutions in the time honored "running code"
proof while waiting for the spec to be updated.

In the middle of an XSLT stylesheet?

Maybe not smart but not undoable.   Dealer's choice.
A bigger problem involves impolite installs that stomp
the last set of associations without asking, and
that awful "PLEASE let me be your
current player for zed files" dialog that has
to be NO'ed over and over and over.

Embedding ties one to code that can be gotten,
cached or is there.  That's all.  Otherwise,
the app fails.  Dealer's choice; Buyer's chagrin.

But choice over the straitjacket.  If Java is
the only choice, some other language supporters
didn't do their bit.  I can safely assume some
are.  C# will be a nice alternative.  At least,
it's a choice.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.