Re: [xsl] ANNOUNCE: Petition to withdraw xsl:script from XSLT 1.1

Simon,

| >information you'd want to stage, but I don't envision the
| >XSLT processor firing up modal dialogs or web browsers in the
| >middle of stylesheet execution to allow the user to "Please pick
| >which implementation of this function you'd like to use..."
| >before continuing along its merry way with the current transformation.
|
| Actually, that's exactly what I'd like to see happen if the style sheet is
| run in an environment which supports such functionality.  In the (extremely
| likely) event that it runs in an environment which doesn't support such
| functionality, default mapping could avoid all the modal dialog boxes.

then we're definitely thinking about different environments.
Most of my transformations run inside server-side publishing
frameworks or server-side database processing or server-side
B2B XML message transformation. I test my transformations
(and occasionally the extensions they may need to depend on)
before putting them in production and don't want runtime
"surprises".

I can see that from a command-line in a document production
environment or from within a visual XSL tool, such user-interaction
might be desireable.

Disclaimer: Speaking personally and not for the XSL WG or Oracle.

BC4J & XSQL Servlet Development Teams, Oracle Rep to XSL WG
Author "Building Oracle XML Applications", O'Reilly
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp/