Re: [xsl] ANNOUNCE: Petition to withdraw xsl:script from XSLT 1.1

At 02:29 PM 3/1/01 -0800, Steve Muench wrote:
>The implements-prefix="foo" points to a specific *namespace* URI
>for the function "library". A human-assisted process to download
>the right bits would only need this NS Uri as a key into whatever
>information you'd want to stage, but I don't envision the
>XSLT processor firing up modal dialogs or web browsers in the
>middle of stylesheet execution to allow the user to "Please pick
>which implementation of this function you'd like to use..."
>before continuing along its merry way with the current transformation.

Actually, that's exactly what I'd like to see happen if the style sheet is
run in an environment which supports such functionality.  In the (extremely
likely) event that it runs in an environment which doesn't support such
functionality, default mapping could avoid all the modal dialog boxes.

Simon St.Laurent - Associate Editor, O'Reilly and Associates
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML