Re: [xsl] ANNOUNCE: Petition to withdraw xsl:script from XSLT 1.1

| >The 'src' attribute purports no magic beyond the standard URI mechanism.
|
| And, to paraphrase, how is that not look-it-up(DNS,locator
| services,repositories,etc)-and-magically-download(HTTP,FTP,etc)-the-right(Co
| ntent-negociation,browser/processor sniffing,etc)-(trusted?)-etc-etc-etc ?

It's uri-specific, and generic to all URI's, not URI's
being used by XSLT or in particular URI's being used
by the <xsl:script> element. That is, it's not XSLT
processor specific "magic" which is the way I interpreted
the various suggestions that an XSLT processor would
"look up and find" it's own extension function implementations.

If you are saying that there is an:

   rddl://....

URI protocol scheme that's RDDL aware, then <xsl:script> would
already support it by virtue of its being a valid URI.

Disclaimer: Speaking for myself, not XSL WG or Oracle.

BC4J & XSQL Servlet Development Teams, Oracle Rep to XSL WG
Author "Building Oracle XML Applications", O'Reilly
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp/