RE: A real community service

This has been forwarded on behalf of our events manager.

Marcus

----------------8<----------------8<----------------

Edd Dumbill wrote:

>While we don't currently review conferences, we do actually carry
>coverage from quite a few of them.  Here's some links:

>XML DevCon 2001 London: http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/02/21/devcon1.html
>GCA XML 2000: http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/12/13/xml2000.html
>XML DevCon 200 Fall: http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/11/22/devconwrap.html
>GCA XML Europe: http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/06/xmleurope/index.html

>Generally, if we cover a conference it's because there's new or
>interesting stuff there.

Hi Edd,

Don't forget the GCA's Australian conference, eh?

XML Asia Pacific is now in it's 8th year and is presented by the GCA and
Allette Systems (with participation from Oasis). We'd be very pleased if you
had coverage of our event also. Last year's conference is at
http://www.allette.com.au/xml.

I'm still working on our new site at http://www.xmlasiapacific.com but our
call for papers is now live. Dates are November 5 - 8 at the Sydney Hilton.

We also have a new event this year: http://www.openpublish.com also with
participation from the GCA. This one focuses more on markup in the publishing
world rather than integration and commerce etc.

Forgive the ad, but I've been meaning to get in touch for a while...

Thanks,

Craig Kirkwood
Events Manager,
Allette Systems
craig@allette.com.au
www.allette.com.au
Mobile: 0411 135 256   Immobile: (03) 6224 6142