The less abstract Infoset

I have been looking at implementing the Infoset recenlty but have found
that, as I move deeper into the 'abstraction',  I seem to gravitate less to
the 'abtract' and more to the 'vague' nature of the Infoset.  I am looking
for hints/tips on real world implementation of the InfoSet in the way of
interfaces or strategies for representing the information items.  Some of my
biggest confusion centers around speed/memory and extensibility.  I
apologize in advance if this question is vague, asking for too much...

Thanks
Jeff Rafter