RE: Request for a poll: (was RE: Datatypes vs anarchy)

I think most of the complaints on this list have been that it tried to do
too much. And yet you also find people posting links to white papers that
talk about mapping UML models and relational database schemas into XML
Schema, so there are clearly people out there that are leveraging that
greater complexity. Also, it's fair to ask why it tries to do too much. I
did not participate in the schema WG, so I can't really speak to that, but I
suspect that complexity stems from the fact that many of the participants
pushed for features they wanted to see in the spec (so they could do things
like map UML models and relational database schemas into XML Schema without
a great loss in fidelity of the model in the process).

I suspect there are many who do not agree that XML Schema does too much. But
they aren't the ones complaining about XML Schema, so we aren't hearing too
much from them.