Re: Bad Business (was Re: advocating XML)

At 06:26 15/03/2001, Deborah Aleyne Lapeyre wrote:
>"Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com> said:
>
> >Heh.  I've spent a lot of time telling people they don't need XML, mostly
> >people who read about XML and thought it was time to change from HTML.
>
>So have we at Mulberry.  And the odd thing seems to be that they get
>very angry with us, ask us what the $#$%#^#$% kind of XML consultants
>we are anyway, and go hire some other XML consultant who will
>give them XML.
>
>Tis an odd world when consultants think more about requirements
>than client businesses do.

I'm with you guys...

I tell customers: XML is just a tool.
Not at all interesting by itself, but
a handy thing to know when building a
solution.

For us too, it often strikes us that
we are more focused on requirements
than our customers.

Hmm. When an XML consultant can't
get excited about XML ...

(But then again, I like HTML and DTDs
and all sorts of other "old" technology.
They get they job done.)

James Robertson
Step Two Designs Pty Ltd
SGML, XML & HTML Consultancy
Illumination: an out-of-the-box Intranet solution

http://www.steptwo.com.au/
jamesr@steptwo.com.au