RE: A simple guy with a simple problem

I am stunned at the number of people who have suggested
lexical processing to solve this problem. And worse, in one
case, a suggestion that I was trolling with this simple
example!

Come on guys! Remember this is a B2B problem Bob has.
He cannot know in advance what he is getting across
the wire other than that it is kosher XML and he
has the DTD for it.

To those who suggested using SAX, I suggest you fire
up your text editor and try it yourself. As a service
to the XML community, I suggest you then report
back with what you discovered.

Lets try again, with another document Bob received:-

<?foo bar?>
<!DOCTYPE foo SYSTEM "foo.dtd" [
<!ENTITY bar "this is some ST">
<!ENTITY biz "UFF">
]>

<foo>
<lit text="hello">
<![CDATA[This is literal
STU]]><![CDATA[ FF]]>
</lit>
<lit>
&bar;&biz;
</lit>
</foo>

regards,
Sean McGrath (replying for Bob who is busily reading "Mastering Regular
Expressions").