Re: XML Encoding of XPath: Examples

Wayne Steele wrote:

> I propose an optional XML Encoding for XPath expressions.
> I just posted a DTD; here's some usage examples to help clarify things.
>
> Questions/Comments/Errata welcome.

It's a neat proposal!

I have some questions:

Having used HP polish notation a lot in my early days, I would have
thought of an XPath expression as a stack and would have embedded the
location steps instead of keeping them at the same level...

Can you give examples of location steps within conditions ?
(such as child::chapter[section/title="XML Encoding of XPath"])

Wouldn't it be a good idea to extend it to encode XPointer ?

Eric

--
Rendez-vous à Paris pour net2001.
                         http://www.mynet2001.net/pgmonline2001/it2.html