Re: A simple guy with a simple problem

Sean McGrath <sean@digitome.com> writes:

> Freedom-of-authorship cuts little ice with Bobs boss who is just
> trying to build robust B2B systems with XML.

I knew you'd say something like that!

Relying upon preservation of the source input stream's peculiarities
simply doesn't constitute a "robust" usage - or expectation of -
XML. The XML you'd get out the other side of a SAX-level filter would
still produce the same results if re-parsed¹, so why impose this
syntactic preservation requirement?

Footnotes:
¹ Unless we're trying to do some "compression" by using entities to
  avoid repeating long strings inline. But I digress.

--
Steven E. Harris        :: seh@speakeasy.org
GnuPG                   :: 0x70248E67