Re: Newbie question - passing XML using POST

Stephen Young wrote:
> I work in a Microsoft environment, and I have two methods that work, but
> they both involve sending the XML as an array (Safe Array) of bytes.

Treating the XML as a big binary blob (byte array, InputStream, whatever),
is much more desirable than your other options (query string and GET
voodoo), for reasons I recently documented at
http://skew.org/xml/misc/xml_vs_http/

SOAP and XML-RPC, as mentioned already, seem to provide good APIs. I've
not yet evaluated them for general purpose transmission of XML over
HTTP. I'd be interested to hear what you end up doing.

   - Mike
Mike J. Brown, software engineer at            My XML/XSL resources:
webb.net in Denver, Colorado, USA              http://skew.org/xml/