Re: generating an DOM object from a non-XML source in Java

hi,

did you already tried Oracle's xml libraries (you can get them at
technet).

your code may look like this:

    // Construct the new XML Document.
    XMLDocument xmlDoc = new XMLDocument() ;

    // Create the root Node.
    XMLNode rootNode = (XMLNode) xmlDoc.createElement("ROOT") ;

    // Create a new node.
    XMLNode node = (XMLNode) xmlDoc.createElement("TAG") ;
    // Add text to the new node.
    node.appendChild(new XMLText("Value")) ;

   // Append a child to the root tag.
   rootNode.appendChild(node) ;

   /* Repeat the above statements as much as needed (you could make
      this recursive in order to create child and/or parent tags.
   */

   // Append the complete root node (tree) to the new XMLDocument.
   xmlDoc.appendChild(rootNode) ;

cheers,

Jurgen - Oracle Belgium.