Re: examplotron.

Rick Jelliffe wrote:

> From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
>
> > I am happy to announce examplotron [1] a schema language
> > [1] http://examplotron.org/
>
> Excellent!

Thanks!

> You could have a nice Wizard tool for this that would accept an
> example instance then ask questions to set the eg:occurs override as
> required: allowing very fast creation of a schema with minimum effort.
>
> I wonder if there should be a top-level attribute available so that a
> document can say "You can use me as an Examplotron exemplar?"   I think that
> would be useful.  And, even though this also may go against the spirit of
> minimalism, perhaps an eg:documentation attribute to allow some explaination
> of  purpose.

Yes. I am also pondering eg: attributes to allow elements (an
attributes) from other namespaces...

> Also, it seems to me that there could be some back-end tie-in with
> Schematron: there might be some common API we could nut out in XSLT so that
> Schematron and Examplotron schemas can use the same output system: we have
> two candidates now, Oliver Becker's architecture used in my Schematron 1.5
> and Miloslav Nic's wrappers in zvonSchematron.

Yes, I am convinced that these languages might be tied together.

My first thoughts have been to add eg:assert attributes to add
Schematron like rules...

Unfortunately, since examplotron is performing namespace URIs rewriting,
this is not obvious to translate namespace aware XPath paths... and I
need to find a solution for this issue.

This might be done using a XML XPath serialization, but it would very
verbose.

Thanks

Eric (more than ever convinced that attribute and element values should
never have use QNames).

--
Rendez-vous à Paris pour net2001.
                         http://www.mynet2001.net/pgmonline2001/it2.html