Re: Combining float/string to specify value/units

Steve Rosenberry asked -

> As for the RE pattern, any ideas where I can find one already defined
> for a float number?  Despite my previous assertion of an application
> fully under my control, I'd like to make sure my patterns match the
> official XML Schema functionality as much as possible including the INF,
> NaN, and the exponential notations.

Look in the Schema Datatypes  Proposed Rec at

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#float

Especially, find the link for "patterns" in this part:

3.2.4.3 Constraining facets
float has the following constraining facets:

pattern
enumeration
whiteSpace
maxInclusive
maxExclusive
minInclusive
minExclusive

Start by hitting the "pattern" link and you will be led to the RE notation
they use.  It's expressed in BN form.

Cheers,

Tom P