Re: Combining float/string to specify value/units

"Thomas B. Passin" wrote:

> Steve Rosenberry asked -
> >

> > As for the RE pattern, any ideas where I can find one already defined
> > for a float number?  Despite my previous assertion of an application
> > fully under my control, I'd like to make sure my patterns match the
> > official XML Schema functionality as much as possible including the INF,
> > NaN, and the exponential notations.
>
> Look in the Schema Datatypes  Proposed Rec at
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#float

> Start by hitting the "pattern" link and you will be led to the RE notation
> they use.  It's expressed in BN form.

Been there, done that!  I've also checked the XML Schema schema at:

	http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema

but none of these documents actually has the RE that defines a string as
a valid float value that I was hoping to copy (at least not that I could
find).  Is the validation of primitive datatypes built into validators
and not dependent upon a second XML Schema declaration?

--
Steve Rosenberry
Sr. Partner

Electronic Solutions Company -- For the Home of Integration
http://ElectronicSolutionsCo.com

http://BetterGoBids.com -- The Premier GoTo Bid Management Tool

(610) 670-1710