Re: Any prior art?: An upcoming patent for an XSL implementationtechnique

> Dr. Hadson claims to have developed an implementation of XSLT 1.0
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xslt-19991116) that is now
> feature complete apart from some miscellaneous functions
> (unparsed-entity-uri() for example).

What an amazing coincidence! Earlier today I learned the Chief Scientist for
a large media company, which coincidentally owns several record labels,
claims to have patented an inference engine used to prove a popular
peer-to-peer MP3 distribution service is in league with the devil.

Dr. Pullin Yurleg said his researchers started by XML-encoding the lyrics of
the 1000 most popular song downloads. Then he applied XSLT transformations
using techniques such as reverse-ordering and thematic mapping. Next, his
software analyzed the lyrics using a taxonomy of Satanic themes, pattern
recognition, IP address weights, and a variety of patented content-analysis
algorithms. He would not describe the final step or provide details of the
workings of the inference engine until the pending patent is approved.

He said his research provides conclusive evidence of Satanic messages in
lyrics and
clusters of devil worshipers centered around university campuses.