RE: "Binary XML" proposals

Not exactly free.  You accept URIs, the
web system identifier.

MPEG4 likes XML too.  It is the only thing
holding X3D and XMT together.  MPEG doesn't
always equate to open format (patent encumbered)
but that is a different issue.  So you are saying
the BiM might be a "Standard XML Binary"?

Back to WAP:  would that work or is it
YetAnotherAppSpecificBinary?  I'm not
saying binaries are evil; just that so
far "no size fits all".  Calling for a
standard binary is a lot more serious
and comprehensive and competively constraining
then proposing a binary for a given application.

Sure, I do understand what an intranet
is good for.  That is how we use XML too.

As an alternative to PSVI.  Ok.  What
was the first choice?  This seems to be
inflating the requirement before we have
a first choice ready. But given that
argument, what say the supporters of
PSVI to a binary representation?

Len