RE: Tim BL Semantic Web article in Scientific American

Title:
Yep.  See DAML.

There are other grant bills out there that might apply
if Bush doesn't eliminate them all this year.  Dang..
the tax cut is suddenly looking good.

The databases that need semantic features already
have them.  They just want to interoperate.  Metadata
tables are common where high-level browsing
of deep-level data is a daily event.  Enabling agents
sounds good but so far no one has shown me where
the agent gets to adjust the ontology and rewrite
the rules layer as needed, and that is needed.

Then as Al points out, we have to train the beggars.
An active agent has the same issues of negotiation
authority and legitimacy as any human agent.

Len
http://www.mp3.com/LenBullard

Ekam sat.h, Vipraah bahudhaa vadanti.
Daamyata. Datta. Dayadhvam.h