Re: a or b or both - mystery..

Thinking a little bit more --
I think we all have been taught systems which are closed, with or without
our realization.
I think closure to me implies that an operation is defined -- i am
seriously yet to see union of XML Schemas defined anywhere.
Also closure implies the tightest possible output schema, tightness is
desirable if you can get it easily -- I think that is what regular tree
languages provide.

But these are things to be discussed with experts. I did try to bring up
slightly this issue with the XML Schema WG sometime in Dec '00 -- I think
they might very well be aware of these issues.

<warning>speaking for himself only</warning>

regards - murali.