RE: W3C press release: comments on standard-setting

At 07:35 PM 4/17/2001 -0400, Simon St.Laurent wrote:

>Of course, since it's been skippable (as happened for a number of XHTML
>specs), it's not really clear how much value is really given to the
>implementation phase that CR is supposed to represent.

I think it's fair to say that some begged for a more formal definition of
what CR should be, but were told it was vague on purpose.

That, of course, lends to using that flexibility to suit.

Frankly, I still think the entire idea of CR was a mistake, and think I've
been proven right so far -- that it's gained us very little that we didn't
get out of the old process, except artificial hurdles.

Ann