Re: XML Diff and Sync

Joel,

I understand your comment, but I am not sure that in the general case
the Xpath is any better. It is a question of where you start your
Xpath given several changes 'near' each other in a nested level in
the tree. DeltaXML puts these into the same 'diff' tree/branch but
using Xpath there would simply be similar Xpaths.

We have a variation that works also for elements that are not
ordered, i.e. need to be compared in any order, possibly using some
kind of 'key' value. This would make the Xpath much more complex to
identify the correct element, but the deltaXML format remains
similar, with the addition of the key. But that is not part of the
DeltaXML Markup which you have been using - it needs knowledge of the
DTD. If you browse the diffs for XML Schema, for example, on the web
site (http://www.deltaxml.com/prod-xmlschema.html) and see Example
Output, you will see what I mean.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy using DeltaXML and let us have any further comments.

Kind regards,
Robin