Re: XML spec dependencies chart --

From: Jeff Rafter <jeffrafter@earthlink.net>

> This is a very interesting diagram-- in a quick glance it seems to support
> all of the things members of this list have been saying for a while now--
it
> is very confusing (though it is a helpful diagram).

Since there are no circularities, it just shows layers. Why is that
confusing?
Some people on the list call for thinner layers: but that would make the
diagram more complicated.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe

  I wonder how much more
confusing the diagram would get if the Infoset were added in-- along with
which specs rely on which infoset contributions.  Also when the second
version of some of the specs finally mature-- it may become even more
intricate-- for example fitting in data types from schemas into XPath?
Schemas rely on XPath rely on Schemas... a circular set of arrows?

Regards,
Jeff Rafter