Re: XML Schema Test Collection open for contributions

Ann Navarro wrote:

> At 12:13 PM 5/2/2001 -0400, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>
>> At 09:49 AM 5/2/01 -0600, Arnold, Curt wrote:
>>
>>> Congrats to all on reaching recommendation.  Now on to fully
>>> implementing and testing the thing.
>>
>> Yikes!  I thought the the CR phase was supposed to be about implementing
>> and testing.
>>
>> I really hope Recommendation!=Standard...
>

> That's how it's supposed to be, but I personally haven't seen people
> dashing out to implement at CR (vs. the previous chance of Last Call)
> before Rec.
>
> Ann

That depends on the specification as to whether CR is taken seriously or
not; I know that a lot of DOM implementors used the CR period to implement
various DOM modules and gave very valuable feedback from their implementations.

But then we were the people who asked for it for that very reason, so maybe
the DOM is a special case.

Lauren