Re: Namespace: what's the correct usage?

Martin already replied with the correct analysis of the problem so I'll skip
that part. I think the reason you get an error from XSV is that you don't supply
the birthday.xsd schema. If you call xsv with:

C:\xml>xsv friend.xml friend.xsd birthday.xsd

you should get the correct error messages.

It is strange though that your result from XSV says that validation was STRICT.
In my opinion it should be LAX since it can't find the declarations in the
birthday schema.

Cheers,
/Eddie