Re: ASN.1 and XML

From:  "Olivier Dubuisson" <Olivier.Dubuisson@francetelecom.com>

> This is handled by an ASN.1 compiler depending on its target (output)
> programming language. At the abstract level, an ASN.1 specifier does not
need
> to bother with limitations that are pertaining to the programming
language.

So I can have Chinese type names in ASN.1 as it stands now? That seems to
conflict with Al's statement that "It's currently mandatory in ASN.1 that
types have names starting with a capital letter, and values with a small
letter" or are Chinese characters deemed one (or both?)

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe