Re: xml and z39.50 protocol

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 11:07:35AM +0100, McGeough, David wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone has any experience with developing a library
> system using the z39.50 protocol and using xml as the data transfer from
> library system to database.

Hi, David.

We've implemented a commercial content management/information retrieval
system that stores/indexes/queries XML natively, and that uses Z39.50
as its underlying interface.

Although complex to implement, we've been pretty happy with Z39.50
for handling both client-server and server-server operations.

You might like to wander around
    http://www.simdb.com/
or just fire off any questions.

Cheers,

Michael
http://www.mds.rmit.edu.au/~msf/
Multimedia Databases Group, RMIT, Australia.