Re: XML Blueberry

"Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com> wrote:
> It almost feels to me like those tables should be the responsibility of
> the Unicode folks [...]

In fact the Unicode folks already maintain tons of tables
at their FTP site and another one wouldn't add
significantly to the burden.

I assume it amounts to one additional numeric code per Unicode
character, which even can get into the next revision of the
main Unicode Character Database itself.

I'm so grateful for this FTP site. If this would be handled by ISO, it would
only be available in print and for $5000 per copy. Or would have been until
lately, even ISO gets more sensible.

Regards,
Peter Jacobi