RE: [Question] How to do incremental parsing?

On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, Sterin, Ilya wrote:

> There is a modules that does the for Perl.  XML::Twig reads in only the
> parts of the document which you specify and builds a DOM representation of
> it.  So therefore you avoid loading the parts that you will not use.

Fine if you know beforehand what you'll need, and I bet it needs to SCAN a
lot of the document and then discard :-)

One of the binary XML initiatives is designed to allowed indexed random
access to XML documents (and even update in place).

> Ilya

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell