How to incorporate links inside an element?

Help!

I would like to use XML to design a web page that gives a description, but
key words inside that description would have a link to somewhere. How can I
do that?

An example would be to generate the following HTML code:

	I live in <a href="www.city.ottawa.on.ca/">Ottawa</a>,
href="canada.gc.ca">Canada</a>.

I want to put the above in one XML element because there will be other
sentences that have link references in different locations, or no links at
all.