Re: XML under JDK 1.0 and spacecraft

On Monday 16 July 2001 07:13 pm, Thomas B. Passin wrote:
> [Bruce Altner]
>

> There ought to be some old version of Aelfred still around that would do
> it. I'll bet a lot of people could lay their hands on one if you can't find
> a site with it.  It might be a good choice anyway, if you are constrained
> to JDK 1.0 because it's on some spacecraft - Aelfred is very small.

Just as an eclectic followup, I taught a course in C++ for a company called
SpaceBridge which wrote code that went on spacecraft.  halfway through the
course, tehprogrammers came to the conclusion that C++ was not the right
solution for them because of the problem with managing  and prediting the
executable  sizes was not worth any benefits they gained form the daditional
features of OO -- they went back to C.  I love to hear the arguments made for
putting Java on a space craft.

Since then, I have wondered if we ever will see zero gravity extensions to
XML.

Rod Davison @ Critical Knowledge Systems Inc
rdavison@sprint.ca
This message has been brought to you by the language C and the number F.