Re: Blueberry is not "closed" (was: Closing Blueberry)

I'm curious ... seems one of the API costs of converting
systems to Unicode 3.1 support is getting real support
for surrogate pairs.  I may have missed something, but
last I heard there was no such support, even in JDK 1.4:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/api/java/lang/Character.html

Do folk prefer to deal with characters in the astral planes
as surrogate pairs (native representation in String and in
char arrays), or as decoded "int" values?  Both?  Is some
other representation preferred?

- Dave