RE: SAX2 bugs -- please file!

The question may be completely out of scope here, and I'm readying myself
for a flame mail flood, but how come such a standard end being hosted on
SourceForge ?

I have nothing against SourceForge, I do think the idea and the
implementation of this site are great, but... Why isn't such a central piece
of XML software (maybe 99% of Java XML parsers include it or support it) in
a more "official" site ?

What is the relationship with the version on David Meggison's site
(http://www.megginson.com/SAX/Java/index.html) ?

Maybe the root question is : why is SAX under the org.xml.sax package,
whereas DOM is in the org.w3c.dom ? Why isn't SAX hosted on the W3C site ?
Is there an historical / legal / other reason for this ?

Regards,
Nicolas