RE: ANN: SAX Filters for Namespace Processing

OK, thats the *procedural* reason why default is as it is.

But what's the design decision? IOW, what thinking lead to the
'original decision' that failed to be overturned?

There's also an implication in what write that obviously opinions changed
at some point (although not *enough* opinions). Can you elaborate on
any of the technical reasons why these opinions changed?

Seems to me like the crux of this (and some many other specification
related)
debates could be reached if the original design decisions was understood.
In that way we can all understand the arguments, and derive our own
idea of best practices. (E.g. "Well that doesn't apply in my environment,
so I'll do it this way, rather than that way").

Although I fear that the answer will be: I couldn't possibly comment.

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds, Systems Architect       | "Pluralitas non est ponenda
http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic |    sine necessitate"