Off Topic - HTML mail

Please excuse the off-topicness of this posting.

Can anyone give me a single good reason (privately or publically) to use HTML email? I'm deleting what may be
interesting postings because they're too annoying and difficult to read, though I might persist if I knew why people
send them.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au